NEW ORLEANS
Marty's boss and his cute wife Shelley really know New Orleans!! They gave us a great tour of the city including this great little diner called Mothers! Best Sandwiches on earth!
Bourbon Street at Night is a crazy place. I thought Vegas was Sin City ummm... this was worse. Check out the dude behind me. That is pretty funny!
We rode the street car and saw some beautiful homes in New Orleans on our way to eat the best BBQ Shrimp.
Bourbon... i loved the beads hanging off the street sign!
We visited one of the famous piano bars off Bourbon street, at night they have piano duels.

The buildings were so old and different, some houses were hidden by these huge walls that use to be the slave quarters.
Thought this was funny. I never did this with my Ken dolls!
Side note: Marty got a chance to go down to the 9th ward to see all the abandon homes after Katrina. It is crazy how little has been done by the people there to rebuild itself. Full homes and building are just empty and it has been 5 Years!!!
One of the many famous bars! Or for us a place to go to the bathroom :)
The homes are really tall and skinny but they go way far back, some are mansions but you would not know it from the street.

Check out the DISCO balls hanging from the house

The barter shops in New Orleans
St. Louis Cathedral
Cafe Du Mondue-famous French Market BreakfastProgreso Mexico
First stop on the cruise Progesso where we went and saw all the Mayan Ruins.
This is the MOST humid place I have ever been to in my life. We stopped at this swamp. My whole outfit is soaked in sweat in this pic. Gross I know. We actually saw a couple people pass out.
People were actually swimming in that. Gross!

One of the alters. Been around since 300 BC

Inside the Mayan Temple
More Mayan Temple Pics.
Look how small I am compared to the Temple. It is amazing how they built it. Everything they used is from the earth.

We spent the day at the beach and it started to pour rain.. So we did not get a lot of sun this day, but the beach was still beautiful.
Welcome to Mexico.
First stop on the cruise Progesso where we went and saw all the Mayan Ruins.
This is the MOST humid place I have ever been to in my life. We stopped at this swamp. My whole outfit is soaked in sweat in this pic. Gross I know. We actually saw a couple people pass out.
People were actually swimming in that. Gross!
One of the alters. Been around since 300 BC

Inside the Mayan Temple
More Mayan Temple Pics.
Look how small I am compared to the Temple. It is amazing how they built it. Everything they used is from the earth.Next Stop....
Cozumel Mexico

We spent the day at the beach and it started to pour rain.. So we did not get a lot of sun this day, but the beach was still beautiful.
Welcome to Mexico.The Ship

At dinner we called this the White Trash Pyramid.

Shelly and I played the Quarter Machine. I seriously wasted 60 bucks at this machine. You put a quarter in and you try to push the money out. It was the most entertaining thing I did on the ship. Worth every quarter! When I got to Vegas in 2 weeks, I gotta find me one of these!

This was our view at dinner every night, we had the best table!
It rained twice while we were gone, you can see the clouds coming in! I gave up doing my hair at this point. Did I mention how humid it was?

Karaoke!!! Marty's co-workers included here. We did not last very long this night..the singing was pretty bad.

We got called newlyweds the whole trip. And we got carded constantly. When are we going to finally look our age. We have almost been married 5 years for crying out loud!

I was embarrassed here because Marty's hilarious Boss Guy was trying to get a picture of this I'll just say interesting looking lady sitting behind us. We had so much fun people watching on this cruise.

Our dinner group. Marty truly works with some wonderful people. He is very lucky.

At dinner we called this the White Trash Pyramid.

Shelly and I played the Quarter Machine. I seriously wasted 60 bucks at this machine. You put a quarter in and you try to push the money out. It was the most entertaining thing I did on the ship. Worth every quarter! When I got to Vegas in 2 weeks, I gotta find me one of these!

This was our view at dinner every night, we had the best table!
It rained twice while we were gone, you can see the clouds coming in! I gave up doing my hair at this point. Did I mention how humid it was?
Karaoke!!! Marty's co-workers included here. We did not last very long this night..the singing was pretty bad.

We got called newlyweds the whole trip. And we got carded constantly. When are we going to finally look our age. We have almost been married 5 years for crying out loud!
I was embarrassed here because Marty's hilarious Boss Guy was trying to get a picture of this I'll just say interesting looking lady sitting behind us. We had so much fun people watching on this cruise.

Our dinner group. Marty truly works with some wonderful people. He is very lucky.
We had an amazing trip. It was nice to spend some time with each other. Next thing to look forward to is Vegas in a couple weeks. More pics to come of that.
Side Note: My sister Lindsey gets home from her Mission December 8th. We will be looking forward to that!



7 comments:
Looks like so much fun Meg! You look great too!!
Wow, looks like you had an amazing time! Fun stuff! I haven't been to any of those places. Thanks for sharing!
Good post Megs! Dinner for sure! And running too?? Miss you! You look so cute in all these pics, so tan and gorgeous!
Wow Megs.. you and Marty look like you had a blast. How fun that he works with such great people and a company that takes you on so many fun trips! I miss you a TON! I feel like it's been ages since I've seen you. I'm glad you update your blog so I know you are still living :) Love You
Meg, what a fun trip! That humidity is totally killer - but you looked gorg in all the pics :) You guys are such a cute couple! Glad you could get away on such a fun trip!
Glad you had so much fun. you look great. Can't wait to see you Monday! :)
Looks like a great time! Now onto Vegas. Lucky duck with some fun trips!
Post a Comment